London's West End is a location which has many unique features which bring prosperity, resilience and opportunity to the local economy.
We focus on central locations close to a renowned concentration of world-class attractions which, together with unmatched shopping and leisure choices, attract huge numbers of domestic and overseas visitors.
- Current population of 8.9 million and growing
- Largest city in Western Europe in terms of population and GDP
- 350 million domestic and international visits in 2018
- 19.1 million overseas visits to London 2018
- Global creative, financial and commercial centre
- c.23% contribution to UK Gross Value Added
- A multicultural city - 300 languages spoken
- An extensive and growing public transport network
- Unrivalled variety of heritage and cultural attractions
- Ranked 3rd most popular tourist city destination in 2018
Why the West End?
- Estimated 200 million visits annually
- Over 3% of the UK Gross Value Added produced within the City of Westminster
- 700,000 working population across the borough of Westminster
- Large resident population
- Favourite destination for Londoners and twenty million people in southern England who are easily able to visit for the day
- World-class visitor attractions- palaces, parks, architecture and historical sites
- Unrivalled cultural facilities - over 38 theatres, cinemas, 30 world-class museums and galleries
- Choice of shops and restaurants unmatched by any other city in the world
- A large local working population -a global location pm1icularly for media and creative businesses
- 6 underground stations closest to our villages, handling over 225 million passengers annually.