London's West End is a location which has many unique features which bring prosperity, resilience and opportunity to the local economy.
We focus on central locations close to a renowned concentration of world-class attractions which, together with unmatched shopping and leisure choices, attract huge numbers of domestic and overseas visitors.
- Fifth largest city in the world by GDP
- Largest city in Western Europe in terms of population and GDP
- One of the largest financial centres in the world
- Generates 30% of United Kingdom GDP
- Current population of 8.9 million and growing
- A multicultural city – 300 languages spoken
- Circa 55% of population under 35
- Attracts more international visitors than any other city in the western world
- An extensive and growing public transport network
- Unrivalled variety of heritage and cultural attractions
Why the West End?
- Estimated 200 million visits annually
- Over 3% of the UK GVA produced with the City of Westminster
- 19.8 million international visitors per annum
- 700, 000 working population across the borough of Westminster
- Large resident population
- Favourite destination for Londoners and twenty million people in southern England who are easily able to visit for the day
- World-class visitor attractions – palaces, parks, architecture and historical sites
- Unrivalled cultural facilities – over 38 theatres, cinemas, 30 world-class museums and galleries
- Choice of shops and restaurants unmatched by any other city in the world
- A large local working population – a global location particularly for media and creative businesses
- 6 underground stations handling over 225 million passengers annually.